Nowadays, sunglasses are becoming more and more accustomed to people. They are an important tool to block ultraviolet rays and prevent them from reaching your eyes. Various types of sunglasses have different benefits and functions, which can meet your personal needs for sun protection. Let’s explore together.
The role of sunglasses
1. Prevent the exposure of ultraviolet rays in sunlight
Ultraviolet rays are generated by the excitation of the outer electrons of atoms. Ultraviolet rays can damage the cornea and retina, and high-quality sunglasses can completely eliminate ultraviolet rays.
When the eyes receive too much light, the iris will naturally shrink. Once the iris shrinks to its limit, people need to squint and damage the retina. But high-quality sunglasses can filter out up to 97% of the light that enters the eyes, avoiding damage.
3. Prevent glare
Glare refers to the aberration caused by the error deflection of light due to the influence of some non-ideal factors during the transmission of images by all lenses. For example, on the water surface, a lot of light can be reflected, and the bright spots produced in this way can interfere with the line of sight or hide objects. High-quality sunglasses can use polarization technology to completely eliminate this glare.
What you might want to know about the functionality of sunglasses
1. Optical correction-sunglasses have almost no function in this aspect, but for contact lens wearers, wearing sunglasses can prevent or reduce contact lens moisture evaporation and maintain the optical performance of contact lenses.
2. Protection function-mainly to prevent the eyes from being stimulated by strong sunlight, but also to block ultraviolet rays and protect the eyes from ultraviolet rays.
3. Decorative use-many people choose sunglasses first to consider style and color, because sunglasses become an ideal decoration for many people in summer. Even in seasons when the sun is not very strong or indoors, some young women wear sunglasses on their heads or hang them in the dressing room for decorative purposes.
4. Blocking the sun-cyclists, drivers, outdoor workers, fishing enthusiasts, outdoor sportsmen, water sportsmen, ice sportsmen, etc., by wearing sunglasses, block the sun and improve visual clarity.